1. Love is not easy, no matter what people say. But it is so worth every effort.
2. Being in love feels like a roller coaster ride. Sometimes it will take you’re your breath away. Sometimes it’s thrilling. Sometimes it’s scary and can make you sick. It takes courage. It takes a little craziness. It takes a leap of faith. But it’s a ride worth being on.
3. My favorite quote about love is “Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous, love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offense, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people’s sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.” – the Bible
4. The most important thing in a relationship is to remember to keep your EGO out of it. This works with communication. No one can read anyone else’s mind, and because perception varies greatly, the only way you can truly know each other and each other’s motives is by communicating. Because of our egos, we tend to personalize everything. EVERYTHING IS NOT ABOUT YOU, AND MAY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU AT ALL. If you aren’t sure about something – ask! Keep communicating!
5. A “deal breaker” for me in a relationship is lack of loyalty, lack of compassion, lack of consideration.
6. The way I show love in my relationships is by doing little things I know will make the other person happy; providing support wherever I can; and if you love someone, be sure to tell them.
7. I love all the wonderful people in my life, who have seen me through the good times and bad; the people who accept me for who I am. I can be myself with you and I don’t have to be perfect or pretend to be perfect. I love you dearly – you know who you are.