1. My favorite room in my home is the family room because that is the room where our life “happens”.
2. My current decor style is (to repeat last week’s blog) eclectic, with a touch of Tuscany, a touch of gothic, and a touch of the traditional – Tina calls it “Southern Goth” but I wish it were more organized. Nope – I don’t want to change my style, I like it just the way it is. I just want more space and organization – Honestly I think I would have to move to get that.
3. I wish I could redecorate every room in my house to make it more organized and “new” (not different) – new carpet, new paint, etc. Even though we just did all this when we moved in six years ago, with kids it already looks “old”.
4. My dream house absolutely has to have more space – closet space, living space, storage space, and most importantly – outdoor space.
5. One house item I am willing to splurge on is furniture. I have learned over the years, that it’s better to buy quality up front and have it last, than to just “make do” and then have to replace something frequently. In the end it costs just as much anyway.
6. A decor trend that I just don’t “get” is minimalism – stark white, fabric-less, rooms with sharp-corners, and a general overall feeling of coldness.
7. Fabric (blankets, curtains, rugs) adds a little touch that makes my house feel like home.