Here we go again with favorites. I have a difficult time playing favorites with ANYTHING! I liken the word “favorite” with the word “love”. My love knows no bounds, whether its the love of a color, the love of an outfit, the love of a movie, the love of a song, the love of a book, or the love of a person. Why do I have to love just one thing? Can a mother only love one of her children? Or rather, I should ask, does she love one more than the others? No! She doesn’t have to! No one should have to love one thing more than other. I’m not big on the bible, but there is a lot a person can learn from it if you can push aside other people’s interpretations of it. The main theme? LOVE. It doesn’t suggest loving only one person. You are to love everyone; everything; all of God’s creations. God gave us variety – I LOVE variety! I favor variety.
So having said all that, what is my favorite food? Well I love many foods. I may prefer one over another on certain days, but to say one is my favorite over another at all times just isn’t possible. So many factors come into play – how it’s cooked, whether it’s cooked, etc etc. Just like the way a person shows you their love – you may prefer to receive love one way over another, but that doesn’t mean you would turn away any form of love, now does it? So, to make sure I at least hit the topic, here is a small list of the many foods I love:
- Steak – Filet Mignon is at the top of the list
- Potatoes – Mashed Potatoes with Garlic rank at the top
- Corn on the Cob
- Turkey – the kind you have at Thanksgiving
- Creme Brulee
- Chocolate – Dark chocolate – but otherwise this category cannot be narrowed down!
- Ice Cream
- Sushi – Sashimi
- Buckeyes (chocolate and peanut butter balls – NOT the poisonous nut)
- And I will just stop here, because I can already see this list will be endless and it is just making me hungry.
To recap – My favorite food is a variety of food. More importantly it is the company I am with when I eat it. 🙂